Exhaust System

I decided to fabricate my own open-megaphone-style muffler for the bike. I utilized the header pipe that came with the bike, and simply cleaned all the rust off of it, then sprayed with high-temp flat black coating.

I got an open cone tailpipe for cheap, however both the inlet and outlet were bigger than I needed:
So, I had a friend weld a connection that would fit nice and snug on the header pipe:
At the same time, I went ahead and used a saw to cut a bit off the exhaust tip. I wanted to end up with an opening of about 3.5 inches at the most.

One of the nice things about having a second bike (especially one that already runs) is that you can trial parts much easier. So I installed the 'new' exhaust system on bike #1 to confirm fit and finish, and of course to hear what it sounds like.

I'm pretty happy with the way it looks (and sounds)...it's pretty much exactly what I was going for. This style of muffler reminds me of the original racing bikes in the 1960's:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignition System Installation

Wheels & Tires

Ducati Monza History