Ignition System Installation

Back when I had the engine on the workbench, I installed the first portion of the Powerdyanmo Ignition system. I had previously installed this system on my other bike and have enjoyed excellent results, so I repeated the process here with photos:

After removing the side cover the clutch and factory alternator are visible. I removed the clutch plates & basket along with the alternator in order to install the Powerdyamo magneto:
After reinstalling the clutch the next step was to install the control box and ignition advance unit. As with the other bike, I chose to mount these together below the seat cowl:

At this point, it's simply plug and play - no more adjusting points or worrying about having a fully-charged battery. The Powerdyamo also 'upgrades' the ignition system from 6-volt to 12-volt and provides a more reliable spark as well as better lighting.

I will be taking my time with the wiring as to make sure everything is a clean installation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wheels & Tires