Fenders and Seat

I sourced the fiberglass components for the bike which consist of the front and rear fenders as well as the seat cowl. The fenders came from Air-Tech Streamining in Vista, CA and the seat was ordered from Europlast in Gambettola, Italy.

In attempting to be period correct, I planned on using nitrocellulose paint for these parts. I ordered two different shades of red; Dakota and Fiesta red. Both were used by Ford in the 1960's and coincidentally were also used by Fender Guitars at the same time.

I sprayed both colors to see how they would look in person, since color samples shown on the vendor's website couldn't be trusted. On the left is Fiesta Red and the Right is Dakota Red:


In my opinion Fiesta Red was too orange and Dakota Red had too much purple.

After  searching around for a bit, I finally ended up going with contemporary Ferrari Red. I'm pretty happy with the result:


Next on the list is to make a frame for the seat cowl pictured above. I plan on coming up with something like this:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignition System Installation

Wheels & Tires

Ducati Monza History